Friday, May 4, 2012

Ava Sinclair Chapter 9

"So what is Pi again?"
"Do they teach you nothing?"
"I'm sorry if I'm distracted in class and not watching the board."
"Probably staring at the stupid cheerleader in the front."
"Or thinking about the cute blond in the class room back..." Ava sighed at Peter's remark. He kept making suggestions. She almost felt like she was leading him on. With him smiling that sweet, secretive smile at her, she got up to the board she had drug into the room. They were sitting in a room off the library, that were set aside for reading, or study. You had to request it days in advance. Peter and Ava had requested the same room for a month.
When Ava touched her hand to the board, Peter rose, closed the blinds and came to stand behind her.
"Why do you do that?" he breathed, his cool breath caressing her neck.
"What?" she whispered, eyes closed. What if Peter isn't human?
"Pull away..."he whispered. "Every time I get close. I won't hurt you. I couldn't if I tried. I-"
"That's not why, Peter,"she said flipping. But Peter had his hands where the chalk was meant to go, so his barrel chest was leaning into her breasts. She was up against the clean board. Peter was touching her. His sweet breath on her face. She closed her eyes and turned away.
"Things like this aren't aloud."
"Like what?" he jeered.
"I..."
"Say, relationship, Ava. Say it. Ava, we've...we've been seeing each other for almost a month now. Ava, I like you. Hell, I more than just like you. Ava, you are my saving grace. " her heart stopped. "Ava Sinclair, I can't live without you."
"Peter, you don't talk like that..."
"I'm mad!" he yelled, throwing his hands in the air. Ava breathed better now that he was farther away.
"Peter!" she whisper-yelled.
"Who cares! If you can't feel the way I feel-" Peter stopped dead when he saw Ava's face.

The tears were sliding down, cold and frozen. She looked sick and scared.
"Ava..." he took a hesitant step forward. "Ava...I...I didn't mean it. Please don't...Ava don't cry. I couldn't stand it if I made you cry." Ava tried to control the sad look on her face, but couldn't. Slowly, she dragged her heavy feet toward him. She gripped his sweater, which clung to his chest, and leaned against him.
"If you don't know how I feel about you...I don't know what you've been thinking. Peter..." was she going to be this defenseless? "Peter...I love you." she leaned in and forcefully pressed his lips against his. He took her head into his hands, but moved them to the small of her back, pressing her into him. She twined her fingers through his hair and let her tears touch his cheeks. His hand were shaking as they tempted to her waist. They sunk to the floor like that, intertwined, both crying, both shaking. Peter gave a twisted laugh that half scared Ava and half made her love him more.
     Peter stopped for a moment, and held Ava. He lay her on the floor vertically, and went to lock the door.
"No...no Peter....Not now. Not here. I'm not ready for that." Ava whispered. He crawled back over to her, and held her for a moment.
"I love you, so very much. I think I always have."
"You didn't know me until 14 days, 7 hours, and aroooouuunnnddd 18 minutes ago."
"That was scary."
"There's a clock."
"Oh. But, I think I always wondered about the little girl that sat and never spoke."
"I think I always tried to remember the boy who sat in the corner of my History class. I guess I never knew his name. Or that he existed. But now, two nobodies make everything."
"And everything means everyone has noticed us."
"Time to do damage control?"
"Definitely." he gave her a sly smile. "After this." and he pressed his lips gently against hers, then helped her from the floor, and they left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment