Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ava Sinclair's 11th Chapter

Peter stared. "...Ava..." he whispered. She was backing away slowly and she was close to tears. "Ava...I..." Peter shook his head.
"Th-h-h-his is why I was scared...rejection...I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE IT ALONE! BUT YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN! Y-Y-Y-You just had to make a vulnerable and young and stupid looking, didn't you? I don't...no..." Peter outstretched his hand to Ava.
"Ava, it's cold, your cold. Go change you clothes-"
"Don't touch me! I-I-I can't believe I said it..."
"Ava, please..."
"No, I-I-I gotta go..."
"AVA!" Peter's calling out was in vain. Ava had begun to sprint. Once outside the building, she turned invisible.
"...Damn, it's c-c-c-c-cold!" she hissed. The bikini was currently floating, which required her to stretch her skin over it. This was why Ava never bothered with clothes. Her other option was going naked....
"AVA!" Peter had also burst out of the gym. Seeing him, Ava again began to sob. "Ava, I hear you...it's okay..."
"I didn't mean...what I said!" she yelped.
"Ava, where are you? It's freezing. I can sneak you into my dorm and we can warm up. Ava, please, let me see you. How do you always manage to be invisible?..."
"I'm so sorry..." she ran into the forest.
     Peter was thoroughly confused as he heard the crunching of feet and followed them into the forest. After a while, he heard the soft panting of her breath, and he stopped. He sank to the ground and lay beneath a tree. Ava stood in perfect posture in front of him, totally invisible.
"Ava," he whispered, out of breathe," I don't know what's going on. I don't know what you are. I don't care. I love you, Ava. You think something that you said is going to change that? I love you Ava. I think thoughts like that too. I'm a teenage boy, of course I think. It doesn't make it unlady-like that you think it. It's part of life, Ava. I want you now, Ava. I'll want you forever. I can pretend you never said it, but it won't matter because I was hoping you were thinking it. It doesn't change a thing if you don't want it too.  Alright? You can come home with me now, or you can stay. It doesn't matter. What do you want?"
"...I want to go, but I need to stay...to think."
Peter didn't get weirded out but just nodded. "Don't stay out for long. You're going to freeze hiding in those briar's."

Dear God...he thinks I'm human...

No comments:

Post a Comment